Autumn Bush

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Hunter Bush

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Emmett Bush

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Heideline Bush

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Dreaming...

...Of a white Christmas. I know it is barely September but I am already excited for the holidays. I am a holiday nut. I love Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. And what is more exciting than those holidays coming up is that my sister Charity and her husband PJ are coming down to spend some time with us. Charity always gets me excited for the holidays. We used to eat lickerish every christmas eve before we fell asleep. If only I could have my older sis Ashley too. Us three older girls...I just have so many memories with us growing up.
Is it strange to have a christmas list already? I really want some new cross country ski gear.
The San Luis Valley is flatter than a pancake (perfect for cross country skiing), and I remember cross country skiing up and down the road to my Grandpa Thompson's a lot. And I remember even that fateful day when I took my cross country skis down a hill(dumb), I proceeded to sit down and slide because the darn skis were not working right, and I slid right onto a rock and broke my tailbone. It is kinda funny now, especially since my dad video taped the whole thing. But now we have a field behind our house which is the perfect place for me to take a couple laps around ifn I were to ever get skis. It would be a great way to spend some me time this winter. I hope we get some snow this year.
And also, I am so excited to spend Christmas in my own home with my own family for the first time. We have kinda holiday hopped around to relatives the past three years, so this is a special year for me. I have so many plans and ideas to make my home a special place brimming with memories for my kids. I hope they are holiday freaks like me. And I must resist temptation to start listening to Nat King Cole's Christmas album.
I should enjoy the fall, Ah that wonderful time of year when a husband leaves you to go hunting for a week, wait...that is not enjoyable.
Lets start again...Ah, that wonderful time of year when the garden is ready for harvest, the pumpkins are getting bigger every day, the nights are getting colder so one needs a blanket (FINALLY!), and the leaves will soon change color, the cows start coming home, and its the season to start thinking about dusting off some hot chocolate mugs tucked away in the cupboard, a time to wear my beloved hunting camo even if I can't go hunting...Even though the fall is a hard and busy time, it is a favorite. Yes...yes...a special time for me.

No comments: