Autumn Bush

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Hunter Bush

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Emmett Bush

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Heideline Bush

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

A Name

Every parent knows what I am talking about when I say we are having a hard time picking a name for our baby. In this case our baby boy. It shouldn't be so hard right? We always knew we wanted boys and yes we talked about names we liked even before we became pregnant the first time. This baby has thrown us for a loop however. I think part of it is that we thought we were having another girl and I still have to remind myself that, no indeed, that ultrasound picture is without doubt showing a little boy!
But when we pick names for our children, we want them to be perfect. To have meaning. Jonathan and I especially love the outdoors and would love to engrain that on our children, even if it means giving them an outdoorsey name. Autumn was easy, its not a real common name, its pretty and we love the fall.
But an outdoorsey boy name, that is not so easy. So the search goes on and on. The perfect name hasn't come yet and I am over half way through with this pregnancy. He is coming in less than 4 months! I have heard stories of parents who didn't really even pick a name until right before the baby was born or even after! I am afraid I like to plan a little bit more than that. I like to know as far ahead of time as I can for any event. I feel like I need a name for him so I can start calling him by it and so the excitment of meeting him can fill my mind and extra time. I would love Autumn to know her baby brother's name too.
So on goes the search.

3 comments:

JodiandRen said...

Ren and I were like that with Junior he Finally got his name the day we left the Hospital.. we had two names and finally decided on one.. dont worry a name will come to you :)

Katee said...

Here are the following names I can think of right now that I think would be great, but in the end it's up to you, and I won't at all be offended if you don't use one...

Hunter
Forrest
Jonathan Jr
Sky or Skylar
Gunner
August
Dakota
Brock
Clay or Clayton
Cole
Lane
Fisher
Ash or Ashton

I have to admit that I didn't come up wit all of those on my own. I looked around for the last few. Hopefully they will at least get you thinking of something to name the little guy. It is really nice to call the baby by his name and not "Baby" or "It," so I hope you come up with something soon! =)

Samuel said...

I like the name Samuel- but I'm biased. Good luck! You guys are awesome